Is enriched flour a better choice than regular flour?

Stick with 100 percent whole grain flour only. Anything other than 100 percent whole grains means they took the good stuff out. And don't fall for the misconception that "enriched flour" is healthier than regular flour. The enriched means they took all the good stuff out, and put a little of it back in. Enriched flour is not much better for you than straight sugar.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

A New Way to Clean Apples
A New Way to Clean Apples
Apple picking is a fall tradition and, depending on where you live, you can enjoy that fresh-off-the-tree flavor of more than 100 varieties grown comm...
What are the health benefit of cooking with rice bran oil?
Scientists have discovered that a particular type of vitamin E found in rice bran oil may have brain...
Freshest Farmers' Market Picks
Freshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market Picks
Add these fresh, local choices to your favorite recipes this summer.
How Do I Ensure That I Follow the Right Diet for a Healthy Life?