How do I shop for healthy foods?

Food manufacturers are adopting labeling and rating systems they say will make it easier to shop for foods that are good for you.

These labeling systems use stars, checks, lights or flags. Still, much of the most useful information for making healthy food choices is found on the food's Nutrition Facts Panel.

Look for nutrient-rich foods that provide variety and a large percentage of vitamins and minerals, especially compared to the calorie count.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

3 Ways To Build A Better Burger
3 Ways To Build A Better Burger
When Flint Lockwood’s super-invention goes sky high and it starts raining hamburgers (buns and all) in the animated movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meat...
7 Festive Foods Your Heart Will Love
7 Festive Foods Your Heart Will Love7 Festive Foods Your Heart Will Love7 Festive Foods Your Heart Will Love7 Festive Foods Your Heart Will Love
Keep your ticker in tip top shape this season by including these heart-friendly foods at your family meals and seasonal cocktail parties. The holiday...
What Kitchen Tools Can I Purchase to Help Prepare Healthier Meals?
Add Rosemary for a Better Barbecue
Add Rosemary for a Better Barbecue