How can a college student help a roommate learn to eat healthier?

You can initiate the change by sharing your healthy food. Being proactive and spreading the word to your roommates can help immensely. The “Freshman Spread” and the 20 extra pounds that a freshman may pack on come as a direct result of unhealthy eating. 
Toby Smithson
Eating can be a very social activity. Having a friend for advice and discussion can help generate ideas for different meal options. Cooking and planning meals together can help strengthen the roomie bond as well. If at a dining hall, make mealtimes into a game and see who has a more “colorful” plate. The more colors, the more nutrients -- whoever has the most colors wins!

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Growing Your Own Groceries
You’d think finding fresh produce in a tropical island paradise would be cheap and easy. But with the majority of Hawaii’s produce being shipped in, g...
What healthy spices should I keep in my pantry?
What you keep in your pantry determines how you cook for your family. Dr. Oz reveals what spices...
6 Ways To Have A Healthier Halloween
6 Ways To Have A Healthier Halloween6 Ways To Have A Healthier Halloween6 Ways To Have A Healthier Halloween6 Ways To Have A Healthier Halloween
You don’t have to sacrifice candy or fun.
How Can I Make Healthy Meals On a Budget?