How can a college student help a roommate learn to eat healthier?

Toby Smithson
Eating can be a very social activity. Having a friend for advice and discussion can help generate ideas for different meal options. Cooking and planning meals together can help strengthen the roomie bond as well. If at a dining hall, make mealtimes into a game and see who has a more “colorful” plate. The more colors, the more nutrients -- whoever has the most colors wins!

You can initiate the change by sharing your healthy food. Being proactive and spreading the word to your roommates can help immensely. The “Freshman Spread” and the 20 extra pounds that a freshman may pack on come as a direct result of unhealthy eating. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

What Are Some Time-Saving Essentials for Cooking Healthy Meals?
How Do You Start a Healthy Eating Plan?
How Do You Start a Healthy Eating Plan?
What Kitchen Tools Can I Purchase to Help Prepare Healthier Meals?
Burn More Calories With the Right Diet
Burn More Calories With the Right Diet