How can I better organize my refrigerator?

Judy Caplan
The first thing to do is to take everything out of the refrigerator. Wash it thoroughly with soap and water removing all shelves and drawers. Then go through every item and check expiration dates. If it is expired throw it out. Next organize items on the different shelves. Put all dairy products together. Put cheese in the cheese drawer and produce in the veggie and crisper drawers. Put condiments on the side of the door panel. Keep eggs on the shelf not on the door. Place all beverages together. Keep meats in the meat drawer. The key to organizing the fridge is to stay on top of it. If you know what you have you will waste less food.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

Be Prepared to Dish Up a Winning Meal
Be Prepared to Dish Up a Winning Meal
When it comes to creating a team that delivers a full menu of talents, the Cleveland Cavs acquisition of 6’ 7” Kyle Korver didn’t quite fill the bill....
What is hummus?
Keri GansKeri Gans
When you’re trying to lower your fat intake, hummus is your friend. Made from chickpeas, this Middle...
5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy
5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy
Your favorite autumn flavors—apple, pumpkin, cinnamon and more—baked into an easy and delicious morning meal.
4 Foods to Lower Your Blood Pressure
4 Foods to Lower Your Blood Pressure