How can I avoid buying products with fake blueberries?

Some companies are labeling products as “blueberry” when really they are just manufacturing something that only looks like blueberries -- made up of sugars, starches, hydrogenated oils, and food dye.

Fake blueberry warning signs:
  • Be wary if “blueberry” is far down on a long list of ingredients.
  • Watch for any red or blue dyes included in the ingredient list.
  • Any modifier to the word blueberry like “crunchlet,” “bit,” or “cluster” on food packaging is a red flag.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

Why the Economy Is Making You Fat and How to Reverse It
The new economic reality seems to go like this: The numbers you want to go up go down (housing prices, your bank balance), while the ones you want to ...
What foods should I avoid if I want a healthy diet?
The first step to getting on the path to better eating is to take stock of your pantry. Dr. Mehmet O...
8 Healthy Game Day Snacks
8 Healthy Game Day Snacks 8 Healthy Game Day Snacks 8 Healthy Game Day Snacks 8 Healthy Game Day Snacks
You’ll get a kick out of these eight delicious recipes. Soccer games aren’t just about cheering on your favorite team or shouting at the ref when they...
What's a Healthier, Lowfat Version of Chicken Pot Pie?