Can my emotions affect the value of the food I cook?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
In many cultures there is an emphasis on intention and emotion in cooking. The simplest meal can be the healthiest food in the world if prepared in a spirit of affection and goodwill. A happy loving cook is seen to strengthen the nourishing and healing power of each dish. The Bhagavad Gita, a sacred Hindu scripture, teaches that the intention of the cook is actually transferred to the food.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

Healthy Arteries Thanks to Yogurt Benefits
A creamy snack that won't clog your arteries? Yep, it exists. And you're probably familiar. It's yogurt. In a study of senior women, those who ate at...
What are the health benefit of cooking with rice bran oil?
Scientists have discovered that a particular type of vitamin E found in rice bran oil may have brain...
Freshest Farmers' Market Picks
Freshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market Picks
Add these fresh, local choices to your favorite recipes this summer.
How Should I Prepare and Eat Wheat Germ?