What kinds of nuts should I eat?

You should eat any kind of nuts you like, but be sure they are not coated with sugar or salt. Avoid salted and honey-roasted peanuts and candied walnuts.

Doctors recommend eating a handful of nuts every day. Almonds and walnuts are a good choice. They are an excellent source of omega-3s, fiber, vitamin E, folate and magnesium.

However, nuts do have a drawback: they can help you pack on the pounds. So, be sure to get your exercise to take advantage of the benefits of nuts, without adding weight.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

Six-Meal Diversity Deal
Six-Meal Diversity Deal
Are you still stuck in the three-meals-a-day mindset? You're not alone. Many people get hung up on the misconception that eating anything beyond their...
How many servings of grain should I eat every day?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Aim for five to eight servings (about 5 to 8 ounces total) of grain and other starches every day. Tr...
What are the safety concerns associated with strawberries?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Strawberries are one of the foods most commonly associated with allergic reactions. Strawberries con...
How Do You Ecourage People to Take Responsibility for Their Health and Diet Decisions?