What kinds of nuts should I eat?

You should eat any kind of nuts you like, but be sure they are not coated with sugar or salt. Avoid salted and honey-roasted peanuts and candied walnuts.

Doctors recommend eating a handful of nuts every day. Almonds and walnuts are a good choice. They are an excellent source of omega-3s, fiber, vitamin E, folate and magnesium.

However, nuts do have a drawback: they can help you pack on the pounds. So, be sure to get your exercise to take advantage of the benefits of nuts, without adding weight.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

Hawaii Health Alert: Should You Be Worried About Mercury in Fish?
We’ve all heard the warnings—seafood favorites like ahi and ono may be a healthy source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, but they also contain a hi...
What Type of Foods Should I Eat to Promote Satiety?
How Can I Make Healthier Food Choices?
How Can I Make Healthier Food Choices?
How Has Food Science Changed in the Last 30 to 40 Years?