What precautions are advised for eating asparagus?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Asparagus contain low amounts of oxalate. Individuals with a history of oxalate-containing kidney stones should avoid over consuming this food. Asparagus contains a moderate amount of purines, so individuals with gout should limit their consumption of this food.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

4 Things to Know About the New Federal Dietary Guidelines
The federal government has released its new dietary guidelines, the official recommendations that influence everything from what goes into school lunc...
How can I avoid making poor food choices?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The best way to avoid making poor food choices or underestimating portions is to carefully track eve...
How can I avoid unhealthy foods?
To avoid unhealthy food: Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you...
What Is Pepsico's Global Nutrition Group?