Is it healthy to eat all of my daily protein at dinner time?

Stefanie Sacks, MS
Eating healthfully is about balance. Based on my personal and professional experience, it is ideal to give your body a variety of all macronutrients (carboyhydrates, proteins and fats) at each meal. Considering color, texture and flavor is also important. 
What the Fork Are You Eating?: An Action Plan for Your Pantry and Plate

It's labeled "natural," "grass-fed," or "free-roaming;" yet it might be anything but. It's time to find out what you're actually eating... When your groceries are labeled “low-fat,” “sugar-free,” and even “natural” and "antibiotic-free," it’s easy to assume that you’re making healthy choices. Yet even some of those seemingly wholesome offerings contain chemical preservatives, pesticides, and artificial flavors and coloring that negatively affect your health. In What the Fork Are You Eating?, a practical guide written by certified chef and nutritionist Stefanie Sacks, MS, CNS, CDN, we learn exactly what the most offensive ingredients in our food are and how we can remove (or at least minimize) them in our diets. Sacks gives us an aisle-by-aisle rundown of how to shop for healthier items and create simple, nutritious, and delicious meals, including fifty original recipes.  
It may be better to spread your protein intake between three meals daily rather than eating large protein meals at dinnertime. Spreading your protein intake throughout the day may allow for better muscle repair and better utilization of the amino acids that protein provides.  

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

Seeking Healthy Food Cultures
Seeking Healthy Food Cultures
Michael Moore’s movie, Where to Invade Next, shows the filmmaker “invading” other countries to seize their solutions to social problems for use here a...
How can I feed a large family in an easy and healthy way?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
In this clip from the Discovery Health show "Baby Madness," Diamond Harris, mother of 7, shares her ...
How often should I eat eggs for optimum health?
Eggs are very high in protein, vitamin B-12, and other important minerals and vitamins. But they are...
How Do We Promote Lifestyle Change to Prevent Obesity?