How often should I eat eggs for optimum health?

Eggs are very high in protein, vitamin B-12, and other important minerals and vitamins. But they are also high in saturated fats and very high in cholesterol, which is bad for your cardiovascular health. While there is no magic number of eggs you can have to maximize your diet, moderation is key. A good option is egg whites, which are high in protein and are not high in saturated fats and cholesterol.
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
Up to one egg per day on average is fine. Opt for a brand enriched with omega-3 fatty acids.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

Helping You Recover From Nutrition Info Whiplash
Feeling whiplashed when it comes to sorting nutritional fact from fad? First you hear, “It’s fat that’s bad for you, not sugar!” Then, “No, sugar is b...
Why should I eat lean meat instead of processed meat?
Lean meats have more nutritional value than processed meats -- they are loaded with essential nutrie...
How can I feed a large family in an easy and healthy way?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
In this clip from the Discovery Health show "Baby Madness," Diamond Harris, mother of 7, shares her ...
How Can Mindfulness Make Us Eat Healthier?