How do I eat healthy on Super Bowl Sunday?

Kick off Super Bowl Sunday with fresh vegetables and low-fat dip, fruit kabobs, whole-grain breads and a variety of lean meats for sandwiches. During the second half, snack on popcorn, pretzels with mustard dip, baked tortilla chips and salsa, apple slices and low-fat caramel dip. Post-game, offer your guests fruit parfaits or angel food cake with chocolate sauce.

You can have a great time watching the Super Bowl without fumbling your diet:
  • Have a small snack before going to a party. Going out hungry often results in overeating.
  • Use a plate for even the smallest snack. You'll eat less.
  • Moderate your alcohol consumption. Alcohol causes blood sugar to drop, which leads to hunger.
Whether you are host or guest, keep a food plan in mind and be a winner no matter who comes out on top.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

Redefining What’s Healthy (You Knew It All Along!)
Until the late 1800s bathing was considered unhealthy and a thin layer of dirt was thought to protect a person from bad elements in the air that could...
What type of foods should I eat to promote satiety?
In terms of weight gain, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Calories not used immediately by your ...
Eat a Banana for Better Blood Pressure
Eat a Banana for Better Blood Pressure
What Is the Government's Role in the Food Industry?