How can I avoid making poor food choices?

Karen Ansel
With our busy lives and hectic schedules planning is really key for avoiding poor food choices. When we don't plan, and just wing it, it's too easy to grab high fat, high calorie foods when hunger strikes. A little advance strategy can ensure that you'll always have nutritious foods at your fingertips on a daily basis.

That strategy begins with the grocery store. Each weekend, take a few minutes to list a few quick meals (breakfast, lunch and dinners) that you can toss together in a hurry. Then make a grocery list and take it to the store to stock up on the foods you'll need to have on hand. By knowing in advance what you're going to prepare, and having the foods to prepare them, you'll be well armed to make healthy food choices instead of making the impulsive choices that can undo your diet.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

What Is the Government's Role in the Food Industry?
How Can I Make My Diet Low Maintenance?
How Can I Make My Diet Low Maintenance?
For a Smarter Toddler, Skip the Junk Food
How Do You Persuade the American Public They Have to Take Nutrition Seriously?