Where can I go for more information on nutrition for my kids?

Visit the Food Guide Pyramid’s special site for kids and teens at: http://www.mypyramid.gov/kids/index.html. The U.S. government's food guide pyramid is all about creating a personalized plan to help your kids make healthy choices, get the most nutrition out of their calories, and balance food with their physical activity. It is color coded, and easy to use. Depending on their ages, you might even want to visit the site with them as it has interactive games and loads of tips for healthy eating as a family.
One awesome site online is none other than mypyramid.gov

This site has coloring pages and interactive games to help children understand healthy nutrition and portion sizes. You can also check the web for nutritionists and nutrition consultants that specialize in childrens nutrition. If your child has a medical issue, such as type 1 diabetes, make sure you are seeing a certified nutritionist or registered dietician for your needs.

Vandana  R. Sheth
Registered dietitians (RDs) are the food and nutrition experts. A registered dietitian specializing in Childrens nutrition would be a valuable resource to address your child's individual nutritional needs. Visit eatright.org and kidseatright.org to get more information on nutrition for your family and you.
Deborah Beauvais
The U.S. government's new graphic symbol of nutritional advice for consumers contained in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans will be a useful and intuitive way for people to eat well and improve their health, especially with the expert individualized advice provided by a registered dietitian, according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

The new MyPlate icon is a plate split into four sections, each representing a different type of food (protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables). The sections vary in size depending on the recommended portion of each food a person should eat. A circle shape next to the plate represents dairy products, especially milk. Viewing the icon online allows consumers to click on each section of the plate for more information.

Visit www.choosemyplate.gov. to see al the great resources for providing noursihing meals for kids and all family members.
Louise Goldberg
In addition to Sharecare.com, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics's Kids Eat Right website www.KidsEatRight.org and myplate.gov, you can search for pediatric dietitians online. Several of us have websites with downloadable handouts and blogs offering free advice on how nutrition can keep your kids healthy. You can check out my site at www.AnAppleADayNutrition.com!

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch
For many parents, the most challenging thing about school isn’t picking up the kids from soccer practice or making sure they get their homework done. ...
Why should I be cautious when giving my child fortified cereal?
Dr. Joanna Dolgoff, MDDr. Joanna Dolgoff, MD
There are a few reasons you should be cautious when giving your child fortified cereals, especially ...
6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids
6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids
These creative and nutritious bites will be a huge hit with the little ones.  Whether you’re throwing a birthday party, cheering on your favorite foot...
How Can I Get My Child to Eat a Good Breakfast Before School?