What's wrong with marketing food to children?

Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
I am among those who feel that food marketing to children is a serious problem and is in need of substantial reform through voluntary restraint (I advise against holding your breath!) or regulation. Foods marketed most aggressively are unfailingly -- as innumerable studies show -- of fairly poor nutritional quality. The foods kids are coaxed into loving, in other words, are the least likely to love them back -- and will instead accelerate their progress toward obesity, and even diabetes. And the contest between a 6-year-old and a highly paid advertising executive is unfair by any standards.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

What Are Some Healthy After-School Snacks I Can Have Ready for My Kids?
How Parent's Work Schedules Affect Kids' Weight
Healthy Eating Advice for College Kids
Healthy Eating Advice for College Kids
How to Get Picky Eaters to Love Vegetables