What is a healthy diet for adolescents?

Richard Ricciardi
Advanced Practice Nursing
Excellent question and one that we all should take interest in. A healthy diet for adolescents comes from learning about food types and eating a variety of foods. Of note, many adolescents do not have interest in cooking, and healthy diet often stems from healthy cooking. So, my first suggestion is that adolescents learn how to cook and prepare foods using healthy ingredients. There are many apps that adolescents can use on their mobile devices and smart phones -- and they can be very helpful in constructing a healthy diet. Remember to not eat out of habit (like eating in front of a TV or computer) but eat when you are hungry.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
When Eddie (John C. Reilly) from the animated hit film Sing croons, “Can I get a Happy Meal with big nuggets?” and Johnny (Taron Egerton) the gorilla ...
How dangerous are energy drinks for teens?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Energy drinks have unregulated amounts of caffeine. In this video Robin Miller, MD talks about the r...
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
Avoid lunch-making stress with these simple ideas.
What Are Some Ideas for Packing a Healthy School Lunch for My Child?