What is a healthy diet for adolescents?

Richard Ricciardi
Advanced Practice Nursing
Excellent question and one that we all should take interest in. A healthy diet for adolescents comes from learning about food types and eating a variety of foods. Of note, many adolescents do not have interest in cooking, and healthy diet often stems from healthy cooking. So, my first suggestion is that adolescents learn how to cook and prepare foods using healthy ingredients. There are many apps that adolescents can use on their mobile devices and smart phones -- and they can be very helpful in constructing a healthy diet. Remember to not eat out of habit (like eating in front of a TV or computer) but eat when you are hungry.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

What Are Some Ideas for Packing a Healthy School Lunch for My Child?
What Are Some Healthy Eating Habits for an Overweight Child?
How Parent's Work Schedules Affect Kids' Weight
How Can I Help My Child Choose Healthy Foods From the Cafeteria?