What healthy drinks can I add to my child's school lunch?

Encourage your child to drink and enjoy plenty of water, especially at school. Soda is considered a primary cause in the obesity epidemic that now affects about 17% (or 12.5 million) of American children. So, make sure you have a safe, BPA- (bisphenol A) free water bottle to send to school with your child's lunch. Alternatively, pack a small 100% fruit juice box or pouch. Older kids may prefer lemonade or flavored waters, but try to limit the sugar content.

Tip: Freeze a juice box or pouch (or a yogurt cup) in the freezer to multitask as an ice pack in your child's lunch.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

Hidden Sugar Traps to Keep From Grandkids
It's always exciting, and maybe even a little stressful, when the grandkids come over for a visit. You've got to plan activities, sleeping arrangement...
Should my child’s diet include fat?
During the early childhood years, kids need dietary fat for proper growth and neurological developme...
6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids
6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids6 Healthy Party Snacks for Kids
These creative and nutritious bites will be a huge hit with the little ones. 
What Are Some Ideas for Packing a Healthy School Lunch for My Child?