What are the health effects of soda on a child?

Children who consume sodas and other sugary drinks are at greater risk for obesity, which is associated with a host of health problems. These include heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, breathing problems and sleep disturbances.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

Improve Kids' Nutrition With Incentives
Improve Kids' Nutrition With Incentives
Wimpy was a character in the Popeye cartoon, who “would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.” (Not long ago Wimpy made a cameo appearance in ...
What should I be aware of when purchasing fortified cereal for my child?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require age-appropriate daily value labeling on prod...
5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch
5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch
Avoid lunch-making stress with these simple ideas.
How Can I Get My Child to Eat a Good Breakfast Before School?