What are the benefits of nutritional supplements for children?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
What a nutritional supplement can offer is a way to balance out the nutrition from the day. Think of Tom Cruise's famous line from Jerry Maguire (no not "show me the money"!) "You complete me" and you will see how a daily supplement can enhance your child's nutrition regime. While organic farming is wonderful and nutrient dense, it still represents a very small portion of fruits and vegetables grown today -- and that means that the vast amount of our nation's soil, which has been chemically farmed for years, has lost nutrient value compared to previous decades. Thus, for optimal health, we can "supplement" these nutrients regardless of our children's fruit and vegetable intake.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

Beware the Sugar Traps for Kids
Beware the Sugar Traps for Kids
In Willy Wonka, an overweight child named Augustus Gloop goes overboard for sweets and disappears in a vat of chocolate; in Hansel and Gretel the witc...
Are homemade lunches healthier than school lunches?
A lot of parents I talk to would rather give their child a couple of dollars for a cafeteria lunch t...
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
Avoid lunch-making stress with these simple ideas. For many parents, the most challenging thing about school isn’t picking up the kids from soccer pra...
How Can I Get My Child to Eat a Good Breakfast Before School?