How can I make healthy meals for my child when I have a busy schedule?

This is a dilemma that so many busy parents have! A trick that has work for me for years is to "cook once, and eat twice". For example, make large dinners such as stews, meatballs, casseroles, or a large turkey breast on the weekends and plan to make enough for leftovers for another meal during the week. 

If you make huge portions at your Saturday and Sunday dinners, you are off the hook for cooking at least two meals during the week! When you do cook during week, again, make extras for another meal later in the week.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

What should I be aware of when purchasing fortified cereal for my child?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require age-appropriate daily value labeling on prod...
What can I put in a salad for my child's school lunch?
Many children, especially preteens and teens, love salads, so why not pack one for school lunch? Pre...
What healthy drinks can I add to my child's school lunch?
Encourage your child to drink and enjoy plenty of water, especially at school. Soda is considered a ...
What should I do if my child drinks tea?
Jodie ShieldJodie Shield
If your child or teen drinks tea, review these Think Before You Drink tips: Read the nutrition f...