How should I feed my kids to avoid childhood obesity?

Children are taking in excess calories from several sources, including sodas, candy, and snack items like chips. Food is everywhere, including in places where it was previously unavailable, such as at gas stations and bookshops. Portion sizes, both in restaurants and at home, are bigger than they used to be. American children, on the whole, eat a diet higher in fat, sodium, and added sugars, and lower in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean dairy products, than they should be consuming.

Caretakers should have available plenty of fruits and vegetables and less sweets and treats at home and schools. Skim milk and water should be the beverages of choice. Eating healthy meals together can also help make sure that the entire family is preventing obesity.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

How Parent's Work Schedules Affect Kids' Weight
What Are Some Healthy Eating Habits for an Overweight Child?
How Can I Help My Child Choose Healthy Foods From the Cafeteria?
What Are Some Ideas for Packing a Healthy School Lunch for My Child?