How can I control the amount of caffeine in my child's diet?

Parents that wish to limit their children’s consumption of caffeine need to read the labels of foods and drinks they serve the children, says Carlos Lerner, MD, medical director for the UCLA Children’s Health Center. Older children who want to consume caffeinated beverages should do so in moderation, he adds.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

Hidden Sugar Traps to Keep From Grandkids
It's always exciting, and maybe even a little stressful, when the grandkids come over for a visit. You've got to plan activities, sleeping arrangement...
What should I do if my child drinks coffee?
Jodie ShieldJodie Shield
To help your child or teen make healthy choices, review these Think Before Your Drink tips regar...
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
Avoid lunch-making stress with these simple ideas.
Healthy Eating Advice for College Kids
Healthy Eating Advice for College Kids