How can my child's sodium intake affect her health?

Higher sodium intake is associated with higher blood pressure in children and adolescents. High blood pressure is associated with early development of cardiovascular disease and risk for premature death. A recent study found that the impact of high sodium consumption—and corresponding risk for high blood pressure—is even greater among young people who are overweight or obese.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

5 Tips for Packing the Perfect School Lunch
For many parents, the most challenging thing about school isn’t picking up the kids from soccer practice or making sure they get their homework done. ...
How can I control the amount of caffeine in my child's diet?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Parents that wish to limit their children’s consumption of caffeine need to read the labels of foods...
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches5 Easy Tips for Quick and Healthy School Lunches
Avoid lunch-making stress with these simple ideas.
What Are Some Healthy Snacks That Kids Will Love?