How can my child's sodium intake affect her health?

Higher sodium intake is associated with higher blood pressure in children and adolescents. High blood pressure is associated with early development of cardiovascular disease and risk for premature death. A recent study found that the impact of high sodium consumption—and corresponding risk for high blood pressure—is even greater among young people who are overweight or obese.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

How can I help my child gain weight when she is so picky?
Marilyn Ricci, M.S., R.D.Marilyn Ricci, M.S., R.D.
This is so difficult for a parent. A lot of patience is required. Some children take a very long tim...
What are the health effects of soda on a child?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Children who consume sodas and other sugary drinks are at greater risk for obesity, which is associa...
How Parent's Work Schedules Affect Kids' Weight
What Are Some Ideas for Packing a Healthy School Lunch for My Child?