How do I make sure my child doesn't become overweight?

The best way you can prevent your child from becoming overweight is to model positive behaviors. Children learn best by observing what you are doing. Keep healthy foods in the house and teach them proper portion control. Occasional treats are fine, but they shouldn't be the main part of your diet. Make exercise an important part of your family's life. Let your children see you exercise and plan active outings as a family. Let them choose physical activities and sports that they enjoy. Finally, limit your child's television and computer time so that they are not too sedentary.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

How to Get Picky Eaters to Love Vegetables
How Parent's Work Schedules Affect Kids' Weight
Healthy Eating Advice for College Kids
Healthy Eating Advice for College Kids
How Can I Get My Child to Eat a Good Breakfast Before School?