What are common stressors that hospitalized infants may experience?

Some common stressors that hospitalized infants may experience include the following:
  • separation from parent
  • impaired basic needs
  • stranger anxiety
  • limited caregiver involvement
This content originally appeared on the Alliance for Kids website.

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

Ways to Keep Your Baby Safe While Sleeping
It’s a tradition in mystical Judaism (Kabbalah) for parents to tie a red ribbon around a leg of the crib to protect their sleeping infant from the Evi...
How can I prevent a flat spot on my baby's head?
You can turn your baby’s head to the opposite side she normally turns her head once she's asleep. Yo...
10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
We’re sure you mean well—but these gems are best left unsaid.
Is My Baby’s Immune System Less Developed Than an Adult’s?