What are common stressors that hospitalized infants may experience?

Some common stressors that hospitalized infants may experience include the following:
  • separation from parent
  • impaired basic needs
  • stranger anxiety
  • limited caregiver involvement
This content originally appeared on the Alliance for Kids website.

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

Should I Let My Baby ‘Cry It Out’?
Should I Let My Baby ‘Cry It Out’?
For most new parents, sleep deprivation is a rite of passage. At times it may seem like your newborn isn’t sleeping at all. In reality, many babies ac...
9 Ways to Keep Your Baby Calm at The Doctor
The life of a newborn is often a whirlwind of feedings, diaper changes, nighttime wakeups—and doctor’s visits. Even within their first day or so of en...
10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
We’re sure you mean well—but these gems are best left unsaid. As the mother of a baby, I’ve received lots of gifts, warm wishes (thank you!) … and ad...
Is My Baby’s Immune System Less Developed Than an Adult’s?