What should I do during my newborn's first doctor visit?

During her first post-hospital pediatrician visit, bring up any concerns you have; write them down beforehand (leave room to write answers), and get the most pressing ones out quickly. Most times, everything you're going through is perfectly normal.

During your newborn's first doctor visit, be prepared with any questions or concerns you may have about your newborn. Ask your questions first thing in the visit before the doctor examines your baby. Try to have your newborn seen within a week after leaving the hospital, or sooner if instructed to do so. Your newborn will be undressed and weighed. There will not be any vaccinations during this first visit, but the doctor may have an abundance of advice for you. Ask for a handout or summary of newborn advice if it is not given to you. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later
When I was growing up, PB & J was a lunch box staple. But due to the increase in peanut allergies (which have quadrupled in recent years), many school...
How developed is my baby’s brain at birth?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
At birth, the brain is on the verge of explosive growth. An infant’s brain has 100 billion nerve cel...
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
Protect your little one’s skin and relieve cold-weather dryness and more.
Is My Baby’s Immune System Less Developed Than an Adult’s?