How should I stock up my baby's diaper bag?

Babies need lots of stuff--all the time. So prepare an extra baby bag…or two. Give one to anyone else who will be caring for your baby. That way all the necessities will be available if an outing takes longer than expected. A well-stocked baby bag should include the following:

• five diapers (at least)
• changing pad
• baby wipes
• diaper cream
• plastic bags for dirty diapers or clothes
• formula, bottle, and nipple (if formula feeding)
• burp cloths
• bottle of water (to mix formula, clean up messes, or drink yourself )
• change of clothing (for baby and you)
• blanket
• pacifier (if your baby uses one)
• infants’ acetaminophen (Tylenol)
• hand sanitizer
• list of important information—pediatrician’s phone number, recent weight of baby, allergies (if any), immunization records

Don’t forget to restock items as they are used so you’re always ready to go anywhere, anytime.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

Exposing Kids to Peanuts Early May Prevent Allergy Later
When I was growing up, PB & J was a lunch box staple. But due to the increase in peanut allergies (which have quadrupled in recent years), many school...
What is in-toeing?
In-toeing is a term used to describe a tendency for first-time walkers to turn their feet inward. Fo...
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
Protect your little one’s skin and relieve cold-weather dryness and more.
How Should I Answer Criticism About the Choices I Make In Raising My Baby?