Should I hold my baby skin-to-skin after I leave the hospital?

Hold your baby skin-to-skin at home. You and your baby can share this closeness anytime you like. It's good for you, for your baby, and for your relationship as parent and child. Just remember to keep the house fairly warm and to cover your baby's back with a blanket while you snuggle.

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

Dangers of Sleeping With Baby
Dangers of Sleeping With Baby
Around 4 million babies will be born in the US and Canada this year and if you’re one of the new parents you want to make sure your newbie thrives. Fo...
Is my baby's flat head dangerous?
First CandleFirst Candle
Also known as “positional plagiocephaly”, experts agree that a flat head is rarely a serious conditi...
10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent10 Worst Things to Say to a New Parent
We’re sure you mean well—but these gems are best left unsaid.
Is My Baby’s Immune System Less Developed Than an Adult’s?