How should I carry my newborn baby?

Hold your baby in front of you, kangaroo style, as much as you can. It's the ideal way to carry your newborn. The physical closeness recalls the natural state of mom and child (specifically the in utero conditions) and can be helpful in all elements of neurological and emotional development. In this position, he can also smell you, hear your heart and lungs, and feel the warmth of your body.

Continue Learning about Healthy Baby

More than 75,000 Britax Car Seats Recalled
Parents, take note: More than 75,000 infant car seats from baby product maker Britax have been recalled due to defective handles. Fortunately, they’re...
How developed is my baby’s brain at birth?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
At birth, the brain is on the verge of explosive growth. An infant’s brain has 100 billion nerve cel...
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter9 Ways to Care for Your Baby’s Skin in Winter
Protect your little one’s skin and relieve cold-weather dryness and more.
Is My Baby’s Immune System Less Developed Than an Adult’s?