Why are healthy snacks important for athletes?

Toby Smithson
Healthy snacks are important for everyone! Athletes and non-athletes included. Snacking can be a helpful way for athletes to build muscle and recover after an intense training session or competition. Unhealthier foods that are high in sugar, sodium, and inflammatory fats can interfere with recovery and may reduce athletic performance. For a healthy snack, opt for fruits and vegetables with whole grains, lean protein, or low-fat dairy.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
What should I eat or drink after a workout to build muscle?
It is important to replenish lost energy stores after exercise. Protein is used to rebuild tissue an...
What should I eat to fuel a challenging cardio workout?
Kat Barefield, MS, RDKat Barefield, MS, RD
To fuel a cardio workout, you need healthy carbohydrates. These souped-up baked potatoes provide ple...
What Happens When You Have a Good Diet?
What Happens When You Have a Good Diet?