Are there special nutrition needs for cyclists?

The most obvious limitation you have as a cyclist is that you’re on a bike! Depending on the type of cycling you are doing, it is probably a mixture of aerobic (long easy flats), anaerobic (tough hills), and combo (rolling hills) riding. If you’re doing most of the first, and ride less than 200 miles a week, you should concentrate on eating a healthy diet, and replacing the water you lose while riding.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
Do endurance athletes need more antioxidants?
The increased need for antioxidants by endurance athletes is derived from a high level of activi...
How do I know if I am properly hydrated?
Hydrate yourself with water, not soft drinks of energy drinks, during the summer months. Dr. Oz talk...
What Happens When You Have a Good Diet?
What Happens When You Have a Good Diet?