Is there a special diet for increasing my power?

The current protein recommendations for optimal muscle building in a strength athlete are 1.7 – 2.0 grams of protein per kg of body weight. While power lifters usually think of “protein” as the most important nutrient, it is carbohydrate that is the primary energy source for strength training. Stored as glycogen in the muscles, it is the fuel used to supply energy for short, intense bursts of power (along with the phosphocreatine (PCr) pathway). The harder and longer you work out, the more glycogen your muscles require and the greater your carbohydrate needs. A rule of thumb for power athletes is: .6 grams carb x body wt (lbs) = grams carb/day.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

How Does an Olympic Athlete Fuel His Body?
What Should I Eat Before a Workout?
What Should I Eat Before a Workout?
How Much Does Diet Impact Athletes?
How Much Does Diet Impact Athletes?
What Does the Future of Technology with Athletic Training Look Like?