How much and when should I drink during a tennis match?

You should have a minimum of 2 liters court side. Some players like to fill and chill squeeze bottles or sports jugs and bring them to each practice or match. You should drink enough throughout the day so your urine is a light or pale yellow color before starting a match. Drink 17 to 20 oz. of fluid within 2 hours pre-match; Consume 5-10 oz. of fluid (water or sports drinks) every 15-20 minutes, especially at changeovers, for optimal hydration and performance.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
What should I eat the night before a game?
Make sure to choose foods you enjoy, and that are dependable (you’ve had them before) with about...
What should I eat before a workout?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Power up before a workout to ensure that you have enough energy. Eat a meal three to four hours ...
How Has Technology Changed Your Training Regimen?