How much should I drink during swim meets or practice?

Drink water for practice and competition that lasts less than 60 minutes and sport drinks for activity over one hour; Drink two cups of fluids two hours before practice; When you are swimming, keep a fluid bottle next to the pool and drink five to ten ounces every 15 to 20 minutes; If possible weigh yourself before and after practice to determine how much weight you lost to sweat and replace with two to three cups of fluid for every pound lost.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
What should I eat for flexibility exercises?
Make no mistake: Working on flexibility isn't just about relaxation. Exercises like yoga and t’ai ch...
How should I fuel for a workout?
JJ VirginJJ Virgin
My favorite pre-workout fuel is a protein shake. It's easy, fast, and satiating. I load mine with no...
How Has Technology Changed Your Training Regimen?