Do I have to diet if I am a cheerleader?

No. Cheer leading, like gymnastics and figure skating, is an appearance sport and so there is an emphasis on physique. In fact some college squads actually have weight restrictions. However, it is also a very demanding sport physically, and the training, game performance, or competition, require a large amount of energy. Eat healthfully and limit junk food and that will give you the energy your body needs to stay competitive, while helping you maintain a healthy weight.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
Do I need “back pocket foods” (gels, beans, shot blocks, etc.)?
These products are a quick way to replace carbohydrate and protect glycogen stores. Rule of thumb --...
Which nutrients are important for people who exercise?
Julie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RDJulie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RD
A well balanced diet is important for those who exercise, as well as those who don't exercise as oft...
What Is Carb-Cycling?
What Is Carb-Cycling?