What is the best thing to eat before a 50 - 100 mile ride?

For a long distance ride -- (moderate intensity), 50 to 100 + miles -- avoid fatty foods and eat at least 2 hours before the ride, make sure you have at least 60% carbohydrate in your daily diet, and one water bottle per hour, perhaps a bit more in hot weather.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating For Athletes

Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
Plan Your Post Workout Nutrition
At over 6-feet and 8-inches tall, New England Patriot’s offensive tackle Trent Brown currently has a Super Bowl ring—and the title as the heaviest per...
What’s a good recipe to fuel my fitness routine?
Kat Barefield, MS, RDKat Barefield, MS, RD
You need to eat a variety of foods throughout the day to keep fit, but this four-ingredient, quick-t...
What should I eat if I exercise regularly?
Most of your calories should come from carbohydrates. Carbs are the body's main source of energy and...
What Does the Future of Technology with Athletic Training Look Like?