Why should I stay healthy as I age?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
Aging is a matter of mind. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. Staying healthy while aging is up to you. One-half to three-quarters of our physical and cognitive health is dependent upon our choices and lifestyle, not our genes or our parents. Therefore planning and action are critical elements of healthy aging. Life expectancy in 1900 was 47, and now it is about 77-80 years of age. Some of us will have 10-20 years of living in retirement.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Mistakes That Age You
Mistakes That Age You
I’m not quite 30, and people often tell me I look younger than my age. And why not? I’m a road-running regular who laces up four times a week. I try t...
What natural treatments can help with aging?
With aging comes increased risk of various medical conditions. The most important non-medicinal thin...
Can we end aging?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
Aging is a biological process that cannot be stopped. However, there are mechanisms and tools one ca...
What Types of Exercise Will Help Me Build Long, Lean Muscle?