Why does seborrheic keratoses happen?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Its simple genetic programming and another irritating aspect of aging. Some people make different spots as they get older. Many people make seborrheic keratoses. They are painless but have dogged staying power - since they are stuck like glue to the skin, they can be extremely annoying.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Anti-Aging Secret You Can Start Anytime
Anti-Aging Secret You Can Start Anytime
If you're overweight and a little gray on top, have we got the antiaging secret for you! Start it now and you'll increase your odds of being disease-f...
Why can having a purpose in life slow down your aging?
Telomeres, which are sequences of DNA at the end of chromosomes, can provide one way to judge your r...
How can I prevent health problems as I age?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
You can't change the past … or stop the clock. Growing old is inevitable but some of the health ...
How Busy People Stay Healthy
How Busy People Stay Healthy