Why should I ask for help if I want to maintain my independence as I age?

Although it seems counterintuitive, getting help when you need it can help you maintain your independence as you age. Frequently, maintaining one’s independence means accepting some help, whether it’s hiring a driver or a full-time caregiver. Life changes may require difficult adjustments, but it’s important to recognize that they are designed to keep you functioning as independently, yet safely, as possible.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

10 Things That Don't Age Well
10 Things That Don't Age Well
1. Eyes. “Can I have a light with that menu?” Presbyopia will hit you after the age of 40. You will notice it's more difficult to focus on objects up ...
What can I do to feel younger?
Gravity often becomes the enemy with age, and energy levels may plummet.In this video, Dr. Oz talks ...
How does aging affect the body?
Bryce B. WyldeBryce B. Wylde
Biologically, aging is the accumulation of random damage to the building blocks of life -- especia...
Making Plans for Advanced Illness and End of Life Care