Why should I ask for help if I want to maintain my independence as I age?

Although it seems counterintuitive, getting help when you need it can help you maintain your independence as you age. Frequently, maintaining one’s independence means accepting some help, whether it’s hiring a driver or a full-time caregiver. Life changes may require difficult adjustments, but it’s important to recognize that they are designed to keep you functioning as independently, yet safely, as possible.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Life Expectancy Increasing Around the Globe
Someday, we might all make it to our Betty White years. That's the gist of a new study published in The Lancet, which found that average life expectan...
What should I consider when getting a dog for a senior?
Mark Dickey , NASM Elite TrainerMark Dickey , NASM Elite Trainer
Look for breeds that are mild mannered and stay at home dogs (like Border Collies and Shelties). You...
Can DNA repair therapies slow the aging process?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Some anti-aging "centers" perform a variety of diagnostic tests and administer nutritional suppl...
How Important Is Stress Management to Brain Health?