What social activities can I suggest to my aging parents?

There are many social activities you can suggest to your aging parents. Your parents and their friends may just need an excuse to get together. Help them set up a weekly event so there is always a fun social activity on their calendar.
  • Set up a game night. Board games, card games, party games -- the possibilities are endless. Give the event a jumpstart by having each member of the group bring their favorite board game to share.
  • Start a book club. Do your parents love to read? Encourage them to share their passion by meeting monthly with friends to discuss their latest reads.
  • Host trivia nights. See how much your parents remember from the big events of their youth. Test their knowledge of current events and random facts. Your parents will soon be competing with their friends to see who is the ultimate trivia master.
  • Dance. Get your parents up and moving by signing them up for dance classes. Most studios offer a series of classes followed by a dance party where they can put their new skills to use.
This content originally appeared on HealthyWomen.org.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Mistakes That Age You
Mistakes That Age You
I’m not quite 30, and people often tell me I look younger than my age. And why not? I’m a road-running regular who laces up four times a week. I try t...
Can anyone become famous over 50?
Renee RossRenee Ross
According to the US Census there will be more people over fifty than ever in History. Babv Boomers (...
Why do people age?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
People age due to the lack of equilibrium in the body's mechanisms. For example, the production of c...
How Does Obesity Affect Brain Health?
How Does Obesity Affect Brain Health?