What effect does aging have on my ligaments and tendons?

Kelly Traver

Tendons and ligaments shorten and become less flexible with aging, so it is important to maintain flexibility with stretching exercises. Better flexibility means less stiffness, fewer injuries, and easier overall movement.

So the message is that as you go through life and do that aging thing, remember, you're not off the hook as you get older. You still need exercise. In fact, you need it more than ever. No matter what your age, you will continue to get all of the same health benefits of exercise.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Life Expectancy Increasing Around the Globe
Someday, we might all make it to our Betty White years. That's the gist of a new study published in The Lancet, which found that average life expectan...
How can I stay energetic as I age?
Here are some amazing ways to enjoy your later-in-life years with lots of youthful energy:Straig...
Why can having a purpose in life slow down your aging?
Telomeres, which are sequences of DNA at the end of chromosomes, can provide one way to judge your r...
Can America Afford to Grow Old?
Can America Afford to Grow Old?