What effect does aging have on my ligaments and tendons?

Kelly Traver

Tendons and ligaments shorten and become less flexible with aging, so it is important to maintain flexibility with stretching exercises. Better flexibility means less stiffness, fewer injuries, and easier overall movement.

So the message is that as you go through life and do that aging thing, remember, you're not off the hook as you get older. You still need exercise. In fact, you need it more than ever. No matter what your age, you will continue to get all of the same health benefits of exercise.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

The B Vitamin Anyone Over Age 40 Needs to Take
From promoting healthy hair and nails to improving memory to boosting immunity, the vitamin B complex—the eight B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9...
How can volunteering help me maintain my independence as I age?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
As you age, you can maintain your independence by volunteering. Volunteering offers numerous benefit...
How do vaccinations slow aging?
Getting immunizations probably won't save you years of aging, but it might, and it's simple to d...
How Can the Medical Community and Society Work Together to Change the Course of End of Life Care?