At what age is it normal for my private area hair to turn gray?

Most people notice their first gray hairs in their thirties (age 30 for men, age 35 for women, on average). Those hairs are usually on the head. Body hair tends to turn gray a little bit later, and may not ever turn gray in some people. Hair turns gray when the melanocytes in the hair follicle slow down their production of pigment, causing hair color to turn gray initially, then white when there is no pigment left.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Being a Good Friend Keeps You Young
Being a Good Friend Keeps You Young
Would you like to double your chances of staying as active, independent, and hot in Cleveland (or wherever!) as Betty White when you're her age (89)? ...
How can I tell if my aging parent is having money problems?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
Financial issues are often difficult to assess because parents rarely wish to discuss their fina...
How do vaccinations slow aging?
Getting immunizations probably won't save you years of aging, but it might, and it's simple to d...
How Has Our Understanding of the Brain Evolved?