What are the steps to successful aging?

Dr. Oz explains anti-aging tips in this video from Discovery Health.

The humorist in me has a very simple answer: keep getting older. The longer you live the more successful you are at aging. If you are concerned about aging well, than taking care of your health when you are younger is important. Eat healthy, exercise, find ways to decrease stress, and maintain a healthy outlook on life. Life is hard, it throws us curve balls we are not expecting. How we deal with those hard times affects our ability to age well. Laugh, find humor in events even when they may be difficult, concentrate on the positive events in your life rather than the negative, and take care of your health. There are many things you can do in life to give it meaning, find what works for you. Maintain a good support system, don't hold on to grudges, give of yourself to others. No matter how old you are, remember that you are valuable to those around you. I could go on, but I think you get the idea that maintaining a positive attitude and finding ways of maintaining meaning in your life are two of the most important ingredients to successful aging.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Mistakes That Age You
Mistakes That Age You
I’m not quite 30, and people often tell me I look younger than my age. And why not? I’m a road-running regular who laces up four times a week. I try t...
Why can having a purpose in life slow down your aging?
Telomeres, which are sequences of DNA at the end of chromosomes, can provide one way to judge your r...
Why does body fat increase with age?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
A tendency to lose some muscle and strength, and to add to the percentage of body fat -- often descr...
What Is Our Current Understanding of the Brain and How Did We Get Here?