As a senior citizen, can I continue to have and enjoy sex?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
The results of the large National Social Life, Health, and Aging Project, published in The Journal of Gerontology, suggest that getting older doesn't have to mean saying goodbye to sex: Researchers found that 84 percent of men and 62 percent of women between the ages of 57 and 64 reported having had sex within the past year. Even between ages 75 and 85, 38 percent of men and 17 percent of women were still getting some action. The implication: You can still enjoy a satisfying sex life well into your golden years.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Getting Older and Better -- at Correcting Mistakes
“You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” That phrase has been applied to human seniors for centuries (it first appeared in a book on animal husbandry ...
How could a pet improve my aging parent's health?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
The list of the advantages of pet ownership for the elderly is quite extensive. From a purely me...
Can I control how quickly I age?
You control more than 70 percent of how well and how long you live. By the time you reach 50, your l...
What Excites You the Most About the Future of Brain Research?