How does keeping an active mind affect aging?

Become a lifelong learner. People with higher levels of education and those who continue to be involved in activities that stimulate the mind undergo less mental aging. The person who graduates from college and continues to learn in a formal educational setting or in informal ways has a RealAge (physiologic age) that is 2.5 years younger than that of the high school dropout.

Learn a new game that requires intelligence. Keeping your mind active is key, and we are never too old to learn new games. Whether it's a card game, a new move in chess, an Internet mind game, or a crossword puzzle, each one helps keep arterial aging, immune aging, and even accidents at bay.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

10 Things That Don't Age Well
10 Things That Don't Age Well
1. Eyes. “Can I have a light with that menu?” Presbyopia will hit you after the age of 40. You will notice it's more difficult to focus on objects u...
How can I help avoid aches and pains as I age?
Keeping an appropriate weight and exercise are two of the best ways to avoid aches and pains. The st...
Can anyone become famous over 50?
Renee RossRenee Ross
According to the US Census there will be more people over fifty than ever in History. Babv Boomers (...
What Does Longevity Look Like in the Future?