How can I increase the development of new brain cells as I age?

David A. Merrill, MD
Psychiatry
As we get older, the development of new cells continues in parts of the brain, including the memory centers. In fact, there are things you can do, such as enriching your environment or exercising regularly, that can actually promote or increase the development of new nerve cells or new neurons in old age.

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

The B Vitamin Anyone Over Age 40 Needs to Take
From promoting healthy hair and nails to improving memory to boosting immunity, the vitamin B complex—the eight B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9...
How does aging affect the body?
Bryce B. WyldeBryce B. Wylde
Biologically, aging is the accumulation of random damage to the building blocks of life -- especia...
How can simplifying our lives keep us young?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Clearing out things -- clothes, objects, equipment we no longer need or use -- gives us a freedom an...
What Is Our Current Understanding of the Brain and How Did We Get Here?