What is healthy aging?

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine

Healthy aging is term used to refer to the quality of life that one lives during ones elder years. For example, someone who is aging healthy is actively engaged in social events, physical active, and eating healthy. Healthy aging can also be a state of mind. If one is constantly thinking "I’m old" then one will feel old. 

Harris H. McIlwain, MD
Rheumatology
Healthy aging means using the positive aspects of your age, including expertise gained from life experiences, while you minimize the negative aspects such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other medical problems. In doing this, you may increase your lifespan, as well as the number of years you are active and vital.
Unofficial Guide to Impotence

Unofficial Guide to Impotence

The Unofficial Guide to Conquering Impotence delivers the inside scoop on impotence: the truth about Viagra, what treatments really work, and how lifestyle changes can aid in conquering...

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Mind Your PQQs for Less Aging
Mind Your PQQs for Less Aging
Mitochondria, the cellular power plants that generate virtually all the energy your body requires, play a vital role in keeping organs youthful and he...
Why is it harder to have a flat stomach as I get older?
As we age, hormonal changes make a flat belly harder and harder to achieve even if you watch wha...
What effect does aging have on my ligaments and tendons?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Tendons and ligaments shorten and become less flexible with aging, so it is important to maintain fl...
Time for a Colonoscopy? 3 Things You Should Know