Why should I include more vegetables in my diet?

Natalie Weiss
Eating vegetables will make you look and feel better! They are high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. The antioxidants will help protect your body cells from damage. Vitamins and minerals are necessary nutrients to keep your body functioning properly. Fiber helps you feel full longer which prevents overeating. The benefits are endless! Besides all the nutritional benefits, they taste great too!
Vegetables are nutritional powerhouses! Nutrient dense and low in calories, vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, fiber and a nice dose of protein (you heard me right, protein!). Each of these components is critical for you health, well being and resistance to sickness and disease.

In addition, for those looking to lose weight, vegetables are a great way to fill up without packing on the pounds. When you are on a calorie restricted diet, it is important to emphasize vegetables in your diet. This way you will still be getting all of the vital nutrients you need to help fuel your weight loss efforts.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

How Olive Oil Benefits Your Heart
How Olive Oil Benefits Your Heart
How many olive-oil-laden meals does it take before your heart starts to reap the olive oil benefits? It's possible your body will start reaping reward...
Is it true that I should not eat meats and starches at the same time?
Shari PortnoyShari Portnoy
The body is an amazing phenomenon, 2nd to none. We have billions, yes billions, of absorptive cells ...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in.
How Often Should I Include Fish In My Diet, and What Kinds?