Why should I choose fish over meat?

By choosing fish instead of meat you sidestep saturated fat, which raises levels of artery-clogging low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Go for seafood instead of cured and processed meats (e.g., ham, sausage, bacon, lunch meats) and you'll also dodge a boatload of blood pressure-boosting sodium and health-damaging preservatives.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Adding Fruit Adds Big Health Benefits
Adding Fruit Adds Big Health Benefits
A seven-year study of more than 500,000 Chinese adults found that consuming fruit regularly was associated with around a 33 percent reduction in death...
Why do I have to give up red meat to have a healthy diet?
Lona SandonLona Sandon
You do not have to give up red meat to have a healthy diet. In fact, red meat can be a nutritional p...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in.
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Adzuki Beans?