What are some healthy red foods?

Marisa Moore
There are many options to add healthy red foods to your diet. Choose cherries, cranberries, pomegranates, pink grapefruit, red grapes and watermelon. As for vegetables, bring home beets, red bell peppers, red beans and tomatoes.

Red fruits and vegetables are generally a good source of carotenoids, which may enhance heart and eye health as well as reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Cindy Gay
Tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, cherries, pomegranates, red cabbage, pink or ruby red grapefruit, cranberries, watermelon, kidney beans, fava beans, cranberry beans and pinto beans. The red beans listed here are dried beans, sometimes referred to as "the vegetable with more" (more soluble fiber, protein and iron than many vegetables).

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

The Health Benefits of Raspberries
The Health Benefits of Raspberries
Raspberries, it turns out, are a hot new subject for botanists and biological researchers. This year’s Experimental Biology conference saw six studies...
Why should I avoid foods made with white flour?
Dr. Kellyann Petrucci, MS, NDDr. Kellyann Petrucci, MS, ND
You should avoid foods made with white flour because they are nutrient void; they also create insuli...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in.
How Often Should I Include Fish In My Diet, and What Kinds?