What are healthy options for margarine, oil, and salad dressing?

Margarine and oil. Choose olive, canola, soybean, safflower, sesame, sunflower, or corn oils. Choose brands with liquid oil listed first on the label and that contain no trans fats. Try using nonstick vegetable cooking spray for cooking and cut back on oil.

Salad dressings. Try reduced-calorie and fat-free types. Include the carbohydrates in your meal plan.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
What Mushrooms Should I Not Eat?
What Mushrooms Should I Not Eat?
How Accurate Is Healthy-Menu Info?
How Accurate Is Healthy-Menu Info?
How Does Greek Yogurt Compare to Regular Yogurt?